2.15.2017

Microcosm Interview


My friends Joe Biel and Elly Blue run a fantastic small press, Microcosm Publishing, here in Portland, OR. Microcosm Publishing "is a vertically integrated publishing house that equips readers to make positive changes in their lives and in the world around them. Microcosm emphasizes skill-building, showing hidden histories, and fostering creativity through challenging conventional publishing wisdom with books and bookettes about DIY skills, food, bicycling, gender, self-care and social justice." In other words, their books are unique, fun, educational and super cool!

They also have a podcast which is about creating the kind of life you want to live. Joe interviewed me recently. I was a little bit nervous about it - but I think it came together pretty good. Give it a listen if you want to hear about my long path to publication and how I deal with some of the challenges of the work:

https://microcosmpublishing.com/blog/2017/01/on-the-podcast-kate-berube-childrens-author-and-illustrator/

1 comment:

Cantankerous Titles said...

WOW! Thanks for the kind words Kate! -Joe