11.08.2012

biking and public speaking


Wow, am I super lucky to live in bike friendly Portland, OR!  (The above photo was shot by me on my ride just this morning - it was a beautiful one.)  And I'm super duper lucky to call bicycle activist Elly Blue a friend.  I'm so glad she's out there making the world a better place. 

Tonight she's put together an awesome line up of folks for a big reading of small press bicycle books.
"Join April Streeter, author and publisher of Women on Wheels and Elly Blue, author of Everyday Bicycling and publisher of the Taking the Lane feminist bicycle zines, for a fun evening of bicycle and small press inspiration.

April will share her motivation for writing a book for and about women who bike, and multiple Taking the Lane contributors will read excerpts from or talk about their art, words, and excitement about diverse aspects of cycling."

And I might pass out before it happens but somehow I've agreed to be one of those Taking the Lane contributors talking about their art!  Ack, terrifying public speaking here I come.  So, honestly don't come  - because less people will be better for me, but if you must it's at Powell's Books on Hawthorne and starts at 7:30p.  Wish me luck!

No comments: